May 10, 2009

The Lemontree branches out


First and foremost, I want to wish all the “Mommy Lemonheads” out there a very happy Mother’s Day. I know a few expecting moms and one, in particular, who just had her 2nd baby this weekend – and, I wish each of them all the serenity this day encompasses.

Secondly, I thought I’d take this day to announce that: the Lemontree is no longer a one-trick pony. Without a doubt, the focus on philanthropy will always remain on the cause of poverty across North America. And, without a doubt, my firm belief remains that a critical key to the solution is access to education – and therefore, opportunity & hope. However…

When I started this blog, right from the first post, I mentioned how remiss I would be if I did not get a chance to engage in this amazing opportunity of creating dialogue (if not world-wide, at least) nation-wide, and hopefully continent-wide. What I’ve also come to realize in the past few months is that a blog, like all other online communications media, demand a good dose of spontaneity – to allow others to access instant thoughts and opinions. I’ve found myself looking for stories on the blog’s core topic; which unto itself is not a bad thing, but then really removes the “spontaneity”. Therefore…

From today onwards, the Lemontree is branching out. By nature, I will always be sure to highlight issues and victories as I see them in the realm of poverty across North America. I invite you to share them with me and together, we can bring important issues to the forefront. But, the Lemontree will branch out to also talk about a multitude of activities and issues – always striving to “make lemonade”.

I will start sharing on all sorts of topics: fun, funny, and inspiring (to me). I hope that the continuation (and slight twist) of the Lemontree will continue to interest you… This shift may cause more frequent blogging. :-)

For the record, it appears we have a consistent average of over 200 readers. Perhaps with the expansion of subjects, we can reach higher?

Thanks to all the Lemonhead readers, and looking forward to a great warmer season of blogging with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment