Mar 4, 2009

"Tweet" to end global poverty?


When I began writing this blog, one of my premises was that "I would be remiss in not taking advantage of a global online community of conversation." So - this post is specifically about that... the online conversation!

Here's an incredibly novel way to use Twitter: if you are on Twitter, you should totally check out: http://twitter.com/endpovertynow. For the first time ever, there is a "tweet-a-thon"; oh yeah - you heard (read) that right! If you add the tag: #apowerfulnoise to the end of your tweets (only until tomorrow, March 5), NCM Fathom will donate $0.50 to CARE Globally to give hope and opportunity to women and girls living in poverty.

If you're not on Twitter - check this Website out for more details: http://apowerfulnoise.fathomevents.com/tweet-a-thon. A cool concept - the Lemon Tree may just need to borrow that someday! (Theodore Levitt, an icon in the field of Marketing, would call that: Innovative Imitation!)

In the mean time, the posts in the month of February have been entertaining (to me - and I hope to you too) in the sense that I've had a fantastic opportunity to showcase some really interesting "conductors and connectors" all working toward an end to poverty in North America; all providing hope and opportunity to so many people who need it...

As for the last 2 posts, specific to education: post-secondary, in particular have focused on Canada. I will come back to that issue, as it is one incredibly near and dear to my heart! So, keep voting - still 1 day to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment